Capmo writes software for the construction industry. There are 10 million construction workers in Europe alone - and globally construction was a 14 trillion industry last year. 1 out of 10 people in the world eats, sleeps and breath construction every day. We believe that the hardest working people in the world also deserve great software to do their jobs. Are you passionate about digitisation & innovation and want to see the impact of your work daily? Then join us on our ambitious path.
We are a bunch of more or less 30 fun, interdisciplinary, and international people (11 different cultures and 10 different languages) striving to become the leading digital solution for the construction industry! Want to experience the real Capmo? Then have a look at our Glassdoor profile!
As (Senior) Backend Engineer (f/m/d) you are at the center of our development team and set the basis for Capmo to deliver great software. If you are passionate about working on a product impacting thousands of construction projects every day, strive to build high-quality software and like to work in an agile and interdisciplinary team, this is the place for you!
These challenges are waiting for you:
- Build a platform that serves hundreds of users each day with the latest data from the field integrated with the office.
- Scale our system to meet even the most demanding workloads.
- Tackle challenges like real-time synchronisation or process automation to maximise the value we provide to our users.
- Enable data-driven construction by bringing our users' data to work.
- Setup rock-solid infrastructure that enables our customers to store their project data for up to 10 years and never fails to meet their demands.
- You strive in a cross-functional, dynamic and demanding work environment with experience in agile software development teams.
- You are proficient running applications at scale on cloud-native environments such as AWS, Google Cloud Services or Azure.
- You are highly productive at developing application in TypeScript, moving our product to the next level at fast pace.
- You care about building great products for customers as much as about building great software
- You are willing to leave code and processes in a better shape than when you first encountered them.
- You take ownership for the code you write; you don’t believe in throwing code over the wall, but instead see development, testing, deployment, and debugging as your tasks, ensuring high quality of work.
- German is not required! Strong written and spoken English (level C1) and willing to relocate to Munich.
- You are a strong team player that is willing to push not only yourself but also your teammates to the next level.
State of the art tech stack using React in the frontend and NodeJS in the backend hosted on AWS. Our mobile app is built in React Native with WatermelonDB as a client side database that is synchronised with the backend for offline availability.
- Your chance to actively shape a rapidly growing startup backed by leading European VCs and users who keep the app on their home screen
- Work in cross-functional teams with product and development colleagues to enable projects such as solar parks and new apartment buildings
- Permanent contract
- Support for going to tech conferences and taking speaking engagements (1.500€ development budget per year)
- Flexible working hours, home office, central office space as well as 26 vacation days and 13 public holidays
- MacBook Pro and your choice of other hardware such as Bose noise canceling headphones
- Relocation allowance, language course and visa sponsorship
- Regular team events, e.g. Isar-Rafting, Krimirallye, Lasertag & Hut tours